airFiber AF5 Point to Point Configuration with Full Duplex
UBNT is a well know name of Wireless Manufacturing industry. After Success Full point to point wireless device now producing CCTV camera, Network switch and long range high throughput point to point Wireless solutions. Ubiquity Network claim 1.2+Gbps Throughput with 100+ KM Point to Point Wireless connectivity solution for AirFiber series. There are many good wireless solution already performing good produced by airFiber with low cost product. UBNT especially design product for ISP and Telco,s. This post not confirming airFiber performance and distance with speed claiming by UBNT. This post is only for helping technical person for AirFiber AF5 Point to Point configuration and describing basic feature about air Fiber Series.AirFiber5 means 5Ghz band and AirFiber 24 mean 24Ghz band which device working frequency for wireless connectivity.
airFiber AF5 and AF5u series working mode for Link Planning.
Although airFiber AF5 and AF5u both are same device. So you can plan airFiber with Different working mode supported by airFiber series.
Point to Point Connectivity:
In point to Point connectivity two airFiber radio will be configured. One airFiber radio will configure with Master mode for Location A and Second airFiber radio will be in slave mode for Location B
Daisy Chain :
Daisy chain is nothing but used like relay for extending a Point to Point link to increase the distance. In this mode both node should be configured in same mode at same location. Exp: if location A configured with Master then daisy chain radio must be configured in master mode. See below picture to understating clearly.
Ring is stand for a redundant wireless path to avoiding network down depending on single point to point connectivity. In Ring use multiple radio to create a ring path if one path will down then network will connected through other path without goes down. One AirFiber radio will configure as Master and second configure as Slave.
airFiber AF5 Connection with Laptop/Pc.
- Slide Down airFiber back cover to access Ethernet ports.
- Connect Ethernet Port to Data Port of airFiber.
3.Connect cable from Data port to PoE Adapter PoE port in GigaPoE Adapter.
4. Connect Management port of airFiber to Laptop/PC.
- Configure Laptop/PC Ethernet port with Static Ip address 192.168.1.x series.
AirFiber AF5 Login with Web Browser.
AirFiber Default IP Address : 192.168.1.20
Default username: “ubnt”
Default Password: “ubnt”
- Open Web Browser and Type 192.168.1.20 and use username and password is ubnt/ubnt to login airFiber 5.
Choose your country and Language and Click Login Button below
AirFiber AF5/AF5U Master Mode Configuration :
For AirFiber AF5 Point to Point Configuration one device will be configure as Master mode and second device will be configure as a Slave.
After Login First airFiber Radio configure setting given below.
- Click on WIRELESS
- Wireless Mode : Master ( Choose First Device Mode Master)
- Link Name : Use Any name for your Point to Point Link Name.
4.. Duplex: Half Duplex The default mode. The TX and RX Frequencies can be the same or different to suit local interference.
- Full Duplex The TX and RX Frequencies should be different.
- if you want to change the Output Power and/or Maximum Modulation Rate settings.
- TX Frequency. This must match the RX Frequency on your other airFiber radio.
- RX Frequency. This must match the TX Frequency of your other airFiber radio.
- Wireless Security: set password for Point to Point link Security.
Click Change And Apply Settings
airFiber AF5 IP Address Configuration
airFiber configure with default ip 192.168.1.20 so every device must have a unique IP Address. In point to point radio both location airFiber device should have different IP Address. You can Change IP Address from Network tab follow below instruction.
- Click on Network tab
- Management IP Address: choose Static or DHCP
- DHCP Fallback IP : Change IP Address here & Subnet mask
- Click Change and Apply
AirFiber AF5/AF5U Slave Mode Configuration :
Configure Second device in Slave mode for point to point connectivity.
Follow above Option to connection and login second airFiber Radio to configure as a slave.
After login device follow the configuration given below to establish connectivity with Master.
AirFiber AF5 IP Address Configuration in Slave Device
You must change the default IP Address in salve device to avoid IP conflict with Master device.
Follow the option given above airFiber AF5 IP Address Configuration
airFiber AF5 Slave Radio Wireless configure.
- Click on WIRELESS
- Wireless Mode : Slave ( Choose Second Device Mode Slave)
- \zLink Name : Use Same name used in Master Device.
4.. Duplex: Use the same duplex set in Master Device
- TX Frequency. Use same Frequency configured in Master Device.
- RX Frequency. Use same Frequency configured in Master Device.
- Configure the Wireless Security: use password set in Master Device
Click Change And Apply Settings
airFiber AF5 Point to Point Connectivity Status.
After complete Master and Slave configuration you can see the Link Quality, CCQ and Throughput Status in Main page of AirFiber AF5 and AF5U
Download airFiber Datasheet and User manual in pdf.
|1||airFiber® 11FX Datasheet||Datasheets||2017-03-21|
|2||airFiber® AF-4X Quick Start Guide||Quick Start Guides||2017-03-17|
|3||airFiber® NxN Datasheet||Datasheets||2017-03-01|
|4||airFiber AF-11FX User Guide||User Guides||2017-02-20|
|5||airFiber® AF-11G35 Datasheet||Datasheets||2016-12-29|
|6||airFiber® AF-11FX Quick Start Guide||Quick Start Guides||2016-10-25|
|7||airFiber® AF-11G35 Quick Start Guide||Quick Start Guides||2016-10-11|
|8||airFiber®24/24HD Design Guide Spanish||Design Guides||2016-04-28|
|9||airFiber® Radio Technology Datasheet Spanish||Technology Datasheets||2016-04-28|
|10||airFiber® 4X Datasheet||Datasheets||2016-03-17|