OpenWrt Lede Point to Point configuration in bridge mode
OpenWrt lede is latest release of firmware for various OEM hardware. You can get your router supported Lede version from official openwrt hardware table. i have already posted different mode configuration for openwrt such as repeater mode, wisp mode, client bridge mode. In this post I will show how to configure openwrt lede point to point in bridge mode for CCTV and internet connection. Configuration of OpenWrt firmware is little bit different in bridge mode so many people failed to configure it in pure bridge mode.in my personal views it is a best openwrt router for home and office wireless.
Don’t worry after ready this configuration manual you can configure Openwrt firmware version point to point and point multipoint. OpenWrt configuration manual just simple for you once you understand the steps and mode used in openwrt configuration. You can easily configure point to point with both openwrt and non-openrwrt firmware after this post.i have created this tutorial with OpenWrt TP link router but configuration for all openwrt same.
OpenWrt Point to Point Configuration Steps.
Before start configuration I will give steps to follow point to point configuration and avoid any miss configuration.
For point to point two location device need to configure so steps will be same for both side location device as given below.
OpenWrt Device Login First time
LAN & DHCP configuration
OpenWrt Wireless Mode Configuration
Point to Point Location A device Configuration
Ready your both OpenWrt device to proceed configuration.
OpenWrt Default IP address is 192.168.1.1 and username –root, password blank on default.
Connect device and open 192.168.1.1 to browser.
2:- Openwrt Lede LAN & DHCP configuration
Point to point configuration use to connect 2 different site wirelessly. So we also required 2 wireless radio to connect both side. OpenWrt lede comes with default ip address so it’s necessary to change the default IP address to avoid network conflict issue.
To chang IP Address Go to Network –Interfaces
Click Edit on LAN and change ip address and disable DHCP server.
3:-OpenWrt Lede Access Point WDS mode Configuration for PTP.
Now first site device will be configure as Access point WDS mode. OpenWrt point to point work as AP and client device for both side. So see AP WDS configuration for site A.
To configure Wireless
Go to Network- Wireless
Click Edit button in wireless interface.
- Wireless network is disabled – Click Enable button first ( button should show red button )
- Mode- N , Channel – choose -11 or any other , Width- 20 (use 40 if non-interface area)
- ESSID- user your Network SSID name here (use unique name which can find easily in multiple network name)
- Mode- Access Point WDS ( choose Access WDS mode)
- Network –choose LAN
- Save & Apply to save settings
OpenWrt Lede Wireless Security configuration.
- Click the Wireless security tab from interface configuration
- Encryption – WPA2PSK recommended
- Key – type your wireless password ( this password will use to connect client device)
After configuration Access point now second location device configure as client wds mode.
Location B Configuration–
OpenWrt Lede Client WDS configuration for Remote Location
- Login openwrt second device as shown above steps.
- Change second device IP Address first and re-login with new ip address.
- Disabale OpenWrt DHCP server for Point to Point bridge mode
OpenWrt Client Mode
Now Go to Network- Wireless
Click Scan button to find your Access Point SSID.
You will find many wireless network name while scanning outdoor. Find you network ssid and click Join Network
In next steps you need to type Wireless password you configure in Access point mode.
- WPA passphrase- type password here
- Name of the new network- you can type any name here to recognize your Ethernet,
- Choose LAN in this steps ( LAN will be selected for bridge mode )
- Submit setting after all settings.
This steps is very important to configure openwrt in bridge mode.
- Mode should be Client WDS for bridge
- Lan select
- Click save and apply for saved settings.
After settings saved your device will connected to Access point device and you can check signal status on Wireless option.
In status you can see remote device Mac address signal with noise.
You can see connected RX rate and TX rate here.
This manual also support all the openWrt version like OpenWrt Luci, openwrt chaos calmer, Attitude adjestment and OpenWrt LEde.
OpenWrt Lede Point to Multi Point Configuration
to configuration openwrt point to multi point just repeate the steps Openwrt client wds configuration for 3 (third) openwrt device for multi point. you can connect multiple openwrt client device to Access point device.