Simple steps to Change Comcast Xfinity Router WiFi password for Comcast digital cable modem Wifi router step by step.
How to Change Comcast Xfinity Router WiFi password
Comcast Corporation is an American telecommunications company and Xfinity is a Subsidiary company a leading provider of Digital Cable TV, Internet, and Home Phone. There are many company wifi routers supported by Comcast Xfinity networks. To keep your Comcast Xfinity network secured keep update the WiFi password and Comcast Xfinity login password.
To login Xfinity router to change password need to access the default IP address. Xfinity network supported by many brand WiFi router and Xfinity gateway. To login Comcast Xfinity router settings need to get the default IP address and login username password. After access Xfinity control panel you can setup parental control to block website in Xfinity router, Port forwarding and many more security features.
10.0.0.1 is the default Xfinity router IP and the Xfinity default username is “admin” password “password”. Now follow the steps to change your Comcast Wireless password.
Login Comcast Xfinity Router to change password
- Connect PC/Laptop to your Comcast router LAN port or connect with WiFi.
- Go to computer LAN settings and use static IP Address 10.0.0.2 if Xfinity router default IP is 10.0.0.1.
- Open a Web browser such as internet explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla and access Xfinifiy router IP address “https //10.0.0.1 login” to the URL bar and press enter key.
- Use default username “admin” and password “password” to login router settings.
- Find the Wireless tab in the settings menu and go to wireless settings
- Change the WiFi name and password inside wireless settings and save settings.
- To setup, WAN network go to Network and find WAN and LAN settings.
- After save settings WiFi will disconnect from all the devices. Connect again Xfinity router wifi with the newly updated password.
If 10.0.0.0.1 IP address not working or taking a too long time to respond or maybe web page not available error comes than follow you may need to try different IP addresses depending on the router model.
For some brand default Comcast router IP Address is 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 or some router model 192.168.100.1 default gateway to access.
If your Xfinity router is Linksys brand than follow the steps to login Comcast Wifi router to change password.
How to change Comcast Wireless Name and password?
To access Comcast router you need to enable DHCP in PC or Laptop Lan.
Go to LAN settings and right click on Ethernet and go to properties.
Now select TCP/IPv4 and press properties button.
Use Static IP address and type 192.168.0.2 and subnet mast 255.255.255.0.
Press the OK button to save settings.
Now connect Xfinity gateway LAN port to PC and open the web browser to access the settings page.
Type Xfinity default router login IP address 192.168.0.1 and press the enter button.
Use admin and password for default Xfinity router password and username.
Change Comcast WiFi password
Go to the Main page and click on the Wireless settings option.
Go to Feature setup- Wireless setup.
Comcast Xfinity Wireless settings
Under wireless settings, you can change the Wireless network name (SSID) of Xfinity WiFi router.
Change the WEP key to update the Comcast WiFi password.
Press Apply button save settings.
You all the mobile and Laptop devices will disconnect from the Xfinity WiFi network because of password change. Connect again with the new WiFi password.
Change Xfinity default router password
It is highly recommended to change the Xfinity gateway login password always to keep protect your Comcast Xfinity cable modem login details. Default router settings easily can get through the internet so always change the default factory login password.
To change Password of Xfinity gateway modem and WiFi router go to the main page option.
Click on the Change password option.
You will get the option to current Xfinity password and New password option to update login details.
- How to set internet speed limit in TP-link AC750
- The Best Way to Boost Your Wi-Fi Speed Up to 10x [Tricks]
- How to setup QoS to set internet Speed limit for WiFi User
- How to Add Multiple SSID in Single Access Point [Multiple WiFi Name]