Tenda technology is the leading supplier of networking devices and equipments based on Shenzhen and Chengdu ,china. Tenda technology produced Wireless Access point , Network Switch, Power Adapter and other networking products. This post Describe you about Tenda N301 Dual Omni Antenna Wireless indoor router setup and configuration. Tenda N301 11n Wireless Router having 4 Phyical RJ45 port , 1 WAN port to connect with ISP,3 Lan port to use computer and desktop to wired internet connection. Tenda N301 having 1 WPS push button to connect without wifi password to WPS enabled Devices. 1 DC jack to power device. N301 is low cost effective wireless router for small home to get signal and wireless connectivity for 3-4 Wi-Fi users.
Tenda N301 11N Wireless Router Connection with Direct internet Cable Diagram.
As per followed connection diagram connect DC jack to Power adaptor included with Router box accessories, connect LAN cable to LAN port to Desktop or Laptop LAN port. Wan port will connected to cable coming from your internet service providers. . Please see below picture to know “how to connect tenda N301 11N wireless Router Direct Internet Cable”
Tenda N301 11N Wireless Router Connection Via Modem Diagram.
If you are using ADSL Modem for internet then please connect WAN port to Modem LAN port. Lan port to PC/Laptop to configuration Router. Please see below picture to know “how to connect tenda N301 11N wireless Router with ADSL Modem”
How to Setup Tenda N301 Wireless Router and configuration:
Login Tenda N301 300Mbps Wireless Router:
After Connecting router as per above connection diagram open internet browser such internet explorer, Firefox, chrome etc….
Tenda N301 Default IP Address is : 192.168.0.1
Tenda N301 Default password : admin
Type 192.168.0.1 to internet browser url and hit Enter key. Use default password “admin” to login Tenda Wireless router.
Tenda N301 11N wireless Router Quick with Wizard:
- Choose WAN type from Wizard , PPPoE, DHCP, Static, PPTP and wireless security in second option after click ok to next step.
- If you get username password from your isp then use PPPoE and if you are using ADSL modem before Wireless Router you can choose DHCP. If you got Static IP address from your ISP then choose Static.
2 if you have choose PPPoE ,DHCP or Static then in next window your Internet status will show if you have put everything right.
Tenda N301 11n Wireless Router Advanced Configuration
For Advance setting after login router click on Advance option .see image below.
- Wan Settings : Advanced à WAN setting
- Select your internet connection type : PPPoE ,DHCP, Static, PPTP,..etc
Choose as per your internet connection type you got from your internet service providers.
Tenda N301 11n Wireless Router LAN Configuration :
Go to Advance à Lan Settings in left side menu
IP Address : change ip address here if you want to change LAN IP of your TENDA N301
Click Ok to save
Tenda N301 11n Wireless Router DNS Configuration :
Advance à DNS settings
- Enable Manual DNS Assignment: Check to activate DNS settings.
- Primary DNS Server：Enter the primary DNS address provided by
- Alternate DNS Server：Enter the other DNS address if your ISP
provides such addresses (optional).
- OK: Click to save your settings.
Tenda N301 11n Wireless Router Wireless Configuration :
Go to Wireless tab from top menu bar
Wireless-> Wireless Basic Settings
- SSID: This is the public name of your wireless network. The
default is Tenda_XXXXXX. XXXXXX is the last six characters in the
device’s MAC address. It is recommended that you change it for
better security and identification.
- Channel: Select a channel that is the least used by neighboring
networks from the drop-down list or Auto. Channels 1, 6 and 11
- 3. OK: Click to save your settings.
Tenda N301 11n Wireless Router Wireless Security Configuration :
Wireless – Wireless Security
- Choose the SSID you want to set Wireless Security
- Disable the WPS
- Set your password for Wi-Fi
- Ok click for save changes