192.168.12.1 Admin login Modem and Router
192.168.12.1 default gateway IP address pre-configured for router and modem to login in default mode for first-time setup. Every broadband wireless router, cable modem, DSL, and VDSL modem needs to be setup first before connecting to the internet so you need login IP address to access the router web interface.
Default login IP 192.168.12.1 is not the most used IP address from different brands but it is used as a default gateway by a few brands to log in the router in default mode. To login to the 192.168.12.1 IP address from a web browser, you can either use a wired connection or a wifi connection from a mobile, computer or laptop.
If your router supports WIFI you can connect from mobile as well but for a Cable modem without wifi only need to connect a LAN cable from the Ethernet port to Computer/Laptop. Although dozens of default login IP addresses are used by many leading brands those are popular logins IP addresses such as 192.168.1.1, 192.168.2.1, 192.168.1.254, 192.168.10.1, and many more you can try if 192.168 12 1 not working with your modem anymore.
192.168.12.1 is protected with a default username and password that is preconfigured by the company in default mode. Default login username and password printed to router sticker as well as a quick installation guide included with the box. Find the default username and password as given below if you can’t get login details in your modem sticker.
The default username and password for 192 168 12 1
Default login credential printed to router sticker and quick login guide with the box during first-time purchase. Find the default username and password most used by the leading router and modem device.
Get login details for your modem and router you wish to access the web interface from a mobile, laptop, or computer and follow the steps.
Login 192.168.12.l from web browser
You can use a wired or wireless connection with a router or modem to access the web interface for setup the first time or update the wireless name and password to secure your wifi internet.
- Connect Wireless Router to the power adapter and turn ON it.
- Use the default wifi name and password to connect wirelessly from a mobile or laptop.
- Connect LAN cable from router LAN port to PC/Laptop LAN port.
- Open a web browser and access 192.168.12.1 or http://192.168.12.1.
- Use the default username and password “admin” or find the default username and password printed on to sticker.
- After successful login, you will get router settings where you can access internet settings, Wireless settings, system, and management.
After login follows the next steps to change Wireless settings to secure your wifi internet from unknown users.
Change Wireless SSID and Security Key
The router is preconfigured with a default WIFI name and password not a secure way to access the internet while anyone can get a default wifi password. Follow the steps to change the WIFI name and password.
Go to the Wireless settings tab
Wireless – Basic settings
Wireless Radio- Enable
Wireless SSID- Change the WIFI name to your choice that you wish to use for wifi.
Wireless Channel– Auto
Wireless Bandwidth– Auto
WiFi security – WPA2_PSK_AES
Wireless Passphrase– create a WIFI password here. (use alfa numeric key combinations with special characters to make it stronger.)
Save settings and connect all wifi users, mobile, laptops, and other devices with the new wifi names and passwords to enjoy a protected wifi internet experience.
Fix IP address 192.168.12.1 Not working
If this login guide is not smooth for you as it going for others and you facing any problems while trying to access 192.168.l2.1 IP address from the web browser and getting an error page or failing to get the router page then follow the troubleshooting steps as given below.
- Make sure the Router turns on and uses the original DC adapter as comes with the router itself only.
- If using a wifi connection make sure you are connected to the same WIFI network that you wish to access from the web browser.
- Using LAN cable should be a standard CAT6 LAN cable and use the Router LAN port instead of the WAN port to log in the router from the LAN port.
- Make sure the default IP address 192.168.12.1 is not changed with the default IP address. You can use IP scanner tools to find out if the IP address changed.
- Make sure you are accessing IP address 192.168.12.1 instead of using the wrong IP address such as 192 168 121, 192.168.12,1, http//192.168.12.1, 192.168.l2.l, 192.168.12 1.
- If you forget your login password and are unable to access the router page then make the router factory reset using the reset button to restore settings.
How to reset the Router if forget the password?
Making a router factory reset restores all settings to default mode so you are required to setup it up again to work with the internet. Make sure you have configuration back or internet settings to setup it up after making the router reset.
- Locate the small reset button beside the ethernet port or bottom side.
- Press and hold the reset button for 10-15 seconds and monitor the led light
- Release the button when the router quickly turns off and turns on again.
- The router will reboot and take a few minutes to restore to default mode.
- Access the router using the default IP address and login details to set up again.
- 192.168.0.100 Login Router Admin Password
- Login and Setup Sonicwall Firewall- 192.168.168.168
- Frontier Router Login IP Address 192.168.254.254
- 192.168.1.245 Login Router Default Password